Beginners Meet Up
These workshops are aimed at those who are new to millinery as well as students who have begun their millinery journey.
During the sessions you will learn the following techniques:
· How to hand sculpt and manipulate a variety of millinery materials
· Work on the bias to create single and double bias brims and trims
· Hat design and construction
· Traditional and modern millinery sewing techniques
· Understand how to embellish and trim your hats and so much more.
Topics we will cover include:
· Blocking and customizing a crown / base for your hat
· Freeform Techniques include, Sinamay, Buntal mats, Parasisal straw, Velour / Wool Felt
· Fascinators Sculptural hat designs
· Trims and Embellishments
· Silk Abaca
· Filigree Techniques
· Straw braid techniques
· Working with feathers including trims and mounts
· Flowers Wiring techniques
· Perfecting your bias binding
· Finishing and perfecting your designs
You don’t need to invest in expensive hat blocks just a crown block. A list of materials and equipment with recommendations will be given to you prior to each session.
The monthly sessions will be live so you can watch the demonstration and ask questions afterwards. Each session will be recorded so you can rewatch the recording in your own time.
Each month I will introduce you to a series of new techniques and demonstrate the process of creating a design using the technique.
I will teach both traditional millinery techniques as well as my signature techniques in Freeforming different millinery materials. Some of the techniques will be spread over 2 sessions with additional pre-recorded information and bonus content.
The monthly sessions will give you a strong foundation in Freeform and modern millinery techniques giving you skills to help you move forward as a milliner. I will encourage and support you in the process and help you to develop your own unique style.
There is a dedicated Facebook group for Members.
The monthly sessions will last two hours and cost £30 on a subscription basis. Each live session will be recorded giving you the opportunity to rewatch each session after the class. Recordings will be exclusively available to students for 4 weeks after the end of the workshop. Workshops will usually be held on the first Monday of the month at 5.30pm CET.
A Zoom link will be sent out in advance of the workshop